This privacy notice provides information on how Conforma collects and processes your personal data when you visit our website, sign up for a newsletter, event or purchase a product with us.
1. Important information and who we are
Conforma NV is the controller and responsible for your personal data.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or our data protection practices please contact email@example.com
Full name of legal entity: Conforma NV
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: Zenderstraat 10, 9070 Destelbergen, Belgium
2. The data we collect about you
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier;
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers;
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website;
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website; and
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing (newsletter, event invites and information, etc.) from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
This data may be obtained directly or indirectly from you. In the latter case, we will inform you of the purpose and data sources we use, when we communicate or follow-up with you in connection with our services (e.g. a request or exchange of business cards at a business fair), or in any event within one month of the time we indirectly obtain your data. The exception is where the provision of this information to you would cause disproportionate efforts. In that case, we may take alternative measures to protect your rights and freedoms.
3. How we use your personal data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Conforma processes your personal data only for the purposes specified below:
Purposes for which we process your personal data
Legal grounds for the processing of your personal data
To manage the website and for system administration purposes (e.g. also for diagnosing technical problems, analyse the traffic to our website)
(a) Legitimate interest of managing our website, marketing and communications strategy; and/or
(b) Where the law requires so, this may be based on a consent
For web analytics, in order to optimize the user experience (analyzing the way our pages are visited, analyzing trends, observe and measure how our visitors engage with our website) and the quality of the content provided to you (e.g. job posting)
(a) Legitimate interest of improving our website, marketing and communications strategy; and/or(
b) Where the law requires so, this may be based on a consent
If you choose to subscribe to news, events and alerts or fill in webforms, we will use the information you provide us to send you the content requested, to communicate with you (including, where you agree, to send you related information that might be of interest to you) and to improve our marketing and communication strategy
Conforma can send newsletters, event invites, information and alerts where you have given consent to receive this when subscribing to these. If you are no longer interested in these Conforma messages you are always able to opt-out from receiving such communications.
Cooperating with law enforcement agencies/courts, management of legal disputes/claims and handling any reports through a misconduct reporting procedure
Processing is necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interests pursued by Conforma, which include the protection of company assets, protecting its legal interests, managing legal claims/disputes
4. How we share your personal data
You agree that we have the right to share your information with selected third parties including:
- public authorities (including judicial and police authorities);
- our professional advisors (e.g. lawyers);
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
- social media networks.
We will also disclose your information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Conforma or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by it about its customers may be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Conforma and our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with public authorities (including judicial and police authorities) in the event of, for example, a cyber security incident;
5. How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
6. International transfers
If we transfer your information outside of the EEA, we will make sure that your information is protected by the following safeguards:
- the laws of the country to which your information is transferred ensure an adequate level of data protection (Article 45 GDPR); or
- the transfer is subject to data protection clauses approved by the European Commission (Article 46.2 GDPR)
If you wish to receive more information relating to the transfers of your information and/or the safeguards that have been implemented (including on how to receive a copy thereof), you can contact us through the contact details set out in section 1.
7. Your legal rights
You have certain rights regarding the information we hold about you. These rights can be exercised by contacting us as set out below:
- you have the right to access the information we keep about you – this is because we want you to be aware of the information we have about you and to enable you to verify whether we process your information in accordance with the applicable data protection laws and regulations;
- you have the right, under certain circumstances, to block or suppress further use of your information. When the processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but we can no longer use it;
- if your information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to request the rectification of your information;
- you have the right, under certain circumstances, to request the deletion or removal of your information from our systems;
- you have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your information with your national data protection authority;
- if our processing of your personal information is based specifically on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This includes your right to withdraw consent to our use of your information for direct marketing purposes;
- you have the right to obtain from us, under certain circumstances, your information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable form so you can reuse it for your own purposes across different services.
You also have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing purposes.
However, note that we may need to retain certain information, for example for legal or administrative purposes (e.g. keeping of accounting records).
8. Contact us
If you have any other question, feel free to ask us at email@example.com.